Anigma is a simple game. To solve each level you must remove all the jewels. Jewels disappear from the board when they are touching another jewel of the same color. The jewels are stacked on the board so if there is nothing under them they will fall down. This can make the order in which you remove the jewels important on some levels. There are over 500 included levels of various difficulty. If you make it to the end there is a nice little end credits animation (nothing amazing).
I had a lot of fun making the game, but having spent a week on it I decided to wrap it up and release it. A few of the ideas that I have thought about adding to the engine to make interesting levels out of:
- Elevators (I got this partially working in the js source, but ran out of time)
- Ice blocks
- Trap doors that would come down after you go under them.
- Buttons that must have a block in it to activate something such as opening a door
- Dumb waiter type elevator with two platforms and whichever is 'heavier' will go down and the other up.
- Loose ceiling piece that falls and can crush a jewel
- A better 'you finished the level animation'
- Don't do anything and it will show a level being solved i.e. demo mode
- Public High score board
- Use JSON for the level format or something better then the text files.
- Import the rest of the extra vexed levels
- Generate a random level
- 'I give up button' that automatically solves the current level.
- A snapshot state button so you don't have to restart all the way from the beginning.
- Sort the levels based upon server logs for difficulty.
Hopefully you get a kick out of the game and get some neat ideas for what you can do with the new CSS properties. If you enjoy the game hit the 'e' key to bring up a level editor. If you create something good email it to me and i'll include it.